Sky High Ranch 14 (3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms)
Great private multi-family house with fantastic canyon views. This house sits tall on its largely flat lot giving it lots of privacy and lots of views. This home has beautiful newly remodeled bathrooms, a large flat screen TV,wifi, a bumper pool table, and a spacious open floor plan! This home has a mudroom to take off those soggy clothes after building your own sledding hill in winter! In the summer, roast marshmallows at the fire ring. Car access in winter with 4 wheel drive with clearance. Sky High Ranch is a quiet community located 5 miles west of Bear Valley village. It has 260 lots with houses on approximately half of the lots. It has between 6 to 8 full time residents. Common areas include a pond with Washoe Indian grinding holes. The development butts up to National Forest land so there are really nice places to explore off the beaten path. If you like the idea of a quiet, in the woods, but still easy to get to place, Sky High Ranch is it. **Note: no cell phone reception in this neighborhood.
Amenities and Activities
- Newly remodeled bathrooms one with a jacuzzi bathtub
- Great views and two decks
- Free long distance phone service
- Satellite Internet
- Satellite with large flat screen HD TV
- 4 wheel drive drive up access in winter (carry chains)
- Second TV in 2nd bedroom and TV/DVD in 3rd bedroom
- Free DVD library and game boards available at Bear Valley Vacation Rentals office
- Wood Stove in open floor plan (some firewood provided!)
- Fully equipped kitchen with antique gas stove and extra convection oven on counter
- Starter dish soap, new sponge, clean dish towels, paper towels and trash bags
- Bosch dishwasher with soap provided
- Sheets, towels, blankets provided
- Washer and dryer
- Propane BBQ on deck with year-round access. Propane provided.
- Eco friendly shampoo, conditioner, lotion, & soap provided
- Bumper pool table
- King in master bedroom; queen bed in second bedroom; 2 bunks (4 twins) in 3rd bedroom; double futon in climb-up loft.
- Owners have a dog, so NOT good for people with dog allergies
The views are phenomenal!
There are lots of places to play in the snow and go sledding if weather allows.
Come prepared to make your own bed (sheets are provided but the bed is not made up)
Also, there are no specialty dishes if you are making something like pizza so plan to bring your own. There is also not much in the way of seasoning (season salt, salt and pepper are all that is there) or any other condiments so make sure you bring that with you.
Parking in the wintertime is limited. You either have to take your chances and park in the driveway (and shovel yourself out if it snows...there are 2 shovels at the house that we found) or park on a very narrow road and hope the plow doesn't hit you but we were very happy to have found a place we didn't have to ski into!
Lastly, be prepared to return the keys back to the office in Bear Valley. Not far away but in the opposite direction if returning to the Bay Area.
We would love to stay here again next year. It was very nice to disconnect (no cell service and the internet was limited but does work) so the entire weekend was very relaxing!!!