Introduction to Snowbound Bear Valley Homes: The founders of our wee village envisioned a winter wonderland where visitors can park their car for the weekend and enjoy a winter experience sans driving. When there has been enough snowfall to close the subdivision roads, access to Bear Valley homes is by snowmobile, ski or snow boot. The roads in the village where the businesses (such as ours), and condos are located, are accessible by vehicle all year long.
Included with your reservation of a Bear Valley Home is over-the-snow transportation for your entire party (as well as your luggage, groceries and gear) to/from your rental home upon arrival and departure. You must prearrange both a “take-in” and “take-out” time that works with the schedule of our transportation team. Gratuity for your friendly driver is not included but much appreciated.
Getting around Bear Valley: Your Choice. You can ski from any home to the village where you can board the free ski area shuttle bus. Check with our office upon arrival for the shuttle bus schedule. You can also rent a snowmobile from one of two local outfitters. Many guests choose to walk to and from their rental homes to the village and find bringing plastic sleds to pull young children useful.
HOW IT WORKS
- Our over-snow transportation team will take you, your family and friends, your luggage, groceries and gear into your Bear Valley vacation rental house using snowmobiles and snowmobile trailers.
- Take-in time slots are available at 4 PM, 5 PM, 6 PM, 7 PM, PM and 9 PM and MUST be booked in advanced with our office.
- Once a time is booked, that slot becomes unavailable. Times are available on a first booked basis.
- All members of your party must be available for your scheduled take-in time. Plan to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to check in at the Bear Valley Vacation Rentals office.
- For after-hours arrivals, locate your check-in packet in the pine box adjacent to our office front door. use the contact information in it to reach your friendly driver.
- Wear clothing for snowy conditions. You will be traveling in open air vehicles to your vacation rental house.
- Pack using plastic bags and tubs. Think waterproof!
- Plan for any shopping or eating stops in your travel time and be prepared with driving directions prior to departure as GPS and mobile service can be spotty en-route.
- The last scheduled take-in time is 9 PM; after that, our staff goes home. With your pre-planning, you’re sure to be right on time! If you are running late, contact our office immediately. We will do our best to find another slot to take you into your rental home. If there are no slots available, you will then be responsible for walking into your rental property. It is best to leave early to account for any hiccups during travel.
- If your group cannot arrive at the same time, additional prearranged bookings are $50 and subject to schedule and driver availability. It is best to arrive with the rest of your party.
- If you are late by the time you arrive in Angels Camp, please, give us a call!!!
Approximate travel times in fair weather without stops:
- Oakland – 3.5 hours
- San Jose – 4 hours
- Stockton – 2 hours
- Angels Camp – 1 hour
- Arnold – 30 minutes
Call us right away if you’re running late! 209.753.2334
* Cell service is spotty to nonexistent between Farmington and Angels Camp and Murphys, as well as between Arnold and Bear Valley.