We understand that in choosing to book a vacation rental, you’re choosing a getaway that provides privacy & independence, the comforts of home, as well as just the right space for your friends, family and even the neighbor kid who hopped in your backseat at the last minute. We are here to make sure that your stay and Bear Valley experience are stellar… our goal is to turn you into guests who return year after year after year after… you get the idea. In other words, our casas are YOUR casas.
Here’s what a stay with Bear Valley Vacation Rentals looks like:
ARRIVAL + DEPARTURE
Check-in time begins at 4 PM. Please check in at the Bear Valley Real Estate & Vacation Rental office. It’ll be fun. We have snacks. Check-out time is at 11 AM. Please return your packet to our office upon departure. This is our opportunity to thank you for staying with us, and your opportunity to tell us about all of the fun you had!
WHAT WE PROVIDE
We stock your rental property with the following starter supplies. If you’re coming for an extended time period, consider packing some extra items to have on hand.
- Linen bundles: These bundles of goodness consist of sheets, bath towels, hand towels and washcloths for the number of people in your party. Note that you will be using these sheets provided to make your beds.
- Kitchen supplies: paper towels, sponge, dish soap, dishwasher soap, trash bags, and coffee filters.
- Bathroom supplies: luxurious shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap are provided, as well as toilet paper.
- Board game and DVD lending library in our office.
- 24-hour answering service for rental emergencies. We’re here for you! Of course, don’t hesitate to call 911 directly with any medical or fire emergencies.
WHAT YOU’LL FIND IN OUR RENTAL PROPERTIES
All the goods you need to eat, drink and be merry.
- Each unit is stocked with plates, bowls, cups, glasses, cutlery, pots, pans and beyond, including a coffee maker, toaster, and microwave to name a few.
- Comforters for onsite beds (including sleeper sofas and extra blankets to keep you cozy.
- Central heating as well as a secondary heating which varies, from unit to unit, between a pellet stove, gas stove or wood stove.
- TV and DVD player in all units. More than likely, your unit has satellite TV too. There are a few that don’t for an optimum off-the-grid experience.
- Character. You can’t bottle character, people… and we’ve got it.
WHAT TO BRING FOR YOUR STAY
- Layers, sunscreen and a sense of adventure: Mountain weather is changeable in any season. Bring layers and sunscreen in both winter and summer so you can stay warm and protected in the outdoors.
- Groceries, specialty cooking items and an invitation for us to dinner: We’re sure that you’ve chosen to stay with us so that you can do some cooking during your visit. Big Trees Market is located in Arnold (40-ish minutes from Bear Valley) and is the nearest large market. Visit the local Bear Valley General Store for snacks, a bottle of wine and last minute basics.
- Chains that fit your vehicle: CalTrans requires all vehicles traveling in potentially snowy terrain to carry chains in the winter months.
WINTER STAY SPECIFICS // Click here for more information on our village and snowbound subdivision.
Located at over 7000 feet, the Bear Valley area averages over 30 feet of snowfall annually. The village (where the businesses and all condos are located) offers several parking areas that, during winter, operate on a snow removal schedule that varies from day-to-day, as needed. There are no fees associated with winter parking and you will receive a map upon check-in showing the schedule for snow removal in the different parking areas which indicates days and times that certain areas are closed temporarily as snow cats clear snow away.
As you can imagine, winter storms can cover vehicles in varying depths of snow. If you have a snow shovel, bring it along as it may be necessary to dig your vehicle out during a storm. We also have snow shovels to lend from the Bear Valley Real Estate & Vacation Rentals office.
APPLIES TO RENTERS OF: Bear Valley Homes, Bear Valley Condos and visitors to Bear Valley Village
If you have rented a Bear Valley Home during the winter months (roughly December through April), we will schedule snowmobile transportation to convey your luggage, gear, groceries and superhero costumes from your vehicles to your rental home. We will do the same upon departure.
Note that these transports are scheduled as appointments with our transportation team and we encourage you to leave a little early, allowing plenty of time for your entire party to meet our crew at the scheduled time. If you find that you are running late, please communicate with our office as soon as possible.
General winter driving times are as follows. Note that during winter storms, driving times in snowy conditions increases.\
- Angels Camp to Bear Valley – 1 hour, ten minutes
- Arnold to Bear Valley – forty minutes
APPLIES TO RENTERS OF: Bear Valley Homes
4WD or BUST
If you have rented a Sky High Ranch Home during the winter months (roughly December through April), you will need a high-clearance, four wheel drive vehicle to access your rental property. This subdivision is located five miles west of Bear Valley and, tucked betwixt towering Jeffrey pines, consists of non-county roads plowed by a private service. This plowing service operates on an as-needed schedule and you may be called on to traverse some inches of snow during your stay until the roads are cleared.
APPLIES TO RENTERS OF: Sky High Ranch Homes